The kitchen is the heart of any household, so when it comes to renovating the house, the kitchen is first area that comes to home owners’ minds. Redecorating a kitchen is a very time consuming process and takes a lot of effort. There are so many materials and styles to choose from. Nowadays kitchen are even being made with materials such as stainless steel and glass. But if you are a fan of the traditional then nothing beats solid oak kitchens.
Oak kitchens do not look old; in fact they lend a classic look to any kitchen. There are many benefits that oak kitchens have over other types of kitchens. This article will give you details about oak kitchens.
Oak comes in many different colors even though it is characterized by its pale golden color. You can also get oak in brown with red colored highlights.
- The naturally occurring grain pattern on an oak surface gets even more pronounced when it is stained. This makes it very easy for anyone to customize oak cabinets to suit their kitchen color theme.
- Red oak is strong, inexpensive and durable. It is popular because of the pronounced grain patterns that it shows. You can order it in any style or finish of your choice
- Then there is white oak which is even stronger than red oak. It has a more subtle grain pattern and has a more golden tone. Its consistent grain pattern makes it a very contemporary choice for wooden cabinetry.
Oak also offers many advantages as compared to other materials and other type of wood. They are:
- Durable – Oak is durable and goes on for years to come. It can withstand a lot of weight, use and stress. Even though you may feel like you are paying more up front, it will last you longer than other types of woods.
- Versatile – You can paint oak in any color, which is not true for other types of wood. Staining it can help you match it with the color theme of the rest of your kitchen.
- Resistant – Oak is resistant to mold and mildew so you can install oak cabinets near dishwashers and sinks without having to worry about it.
- Adaptable – Oak allows you to work it into any number of different styles. You can install flat-panel oak cabinets to achieve a modern look or just regular cabinetry to be consistent with the traditional design.